Friday, November 16, 2007

A Rose for My Friends


A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance. Ecclesiastes 3:4

Hi there. I ask forgiveness for not having been by to see most of you lately. My mind and time have been occupied with friends. I've been sharing their joys and sorrows this past week. I've found myself quite busy preparing for the joyous occasion of a bridal shower in preparation for the wedding of two dear young friends. But on the other hand, I've been sharing and grieving with two other dear friends who lost their nineteen year old son in a car crash this week.

A couple of days ago, I discovered this lovely rose in my graphics library. It's going to become a part of the keepsake book that we're making for the young couple taking this huge step into matrimony. But I'm also posting it in memory of Ben, the young son of my friends, whose birth I vividly remember and who once sat in my Sunday school class as an eight/nine year old. My only prayer is that he is seeing the face of Jesus now.

Blessings to you all. Hope to be back next week, maybe late Sunday. Hope you are well.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

((Maxine)) ~ I'm so sorry for the loss to the family of such a young man ... there seems to be something especially painful to me about losing someone right on the brink of adulthood.

It's odd how often death, marriage and birth events seem to intersect. Praying the bridal shower is a joyful event.

Blessings to you and your dear family.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry also to hear about the young man too...I recently met a young 17 year at wedding and then I was to hear just a few days ago that he was killed in a car accident also..I can't imagine the grief his family are feeling...

Don't feel too bad about not visiting;I have not been visiting any blogs lately myself.I've been preoccupied with long hours of work.It will finish in a couple of weeks and then hopefully I will be back on track too..

By the way the rose is beautiful too.

Susan Skitt said...

Praying!!!

Maxine said...

Thanks precious friends for your care and concern. I know you'll all be praying. My friends are holding up, but particularly hurting tonight. Keep holding them up.
So sorry to hear of these other young ones lost. There does seem to be so many of them for some reason. May the Lord have mercy on those who are left to grieve.

The shower was wonderful.

~~Deby said...

Praying MAxine...
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours....
You are a blessing to me..

Deby

Kathy said...

Maxine, thank you for the rose. Your friendship is special to me and I fully understand how life - the people God gives to us - can keep us from visiting blogs. Not a concern. Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend. God is using your tenderness and compassion to bless many.

Anonymous said...

It seems you have been about the Father's business ministering to those in need. May God bless your servant's heart.

Mimi said...

Maxine,
I just arrived home from a visit with our oldest daughter and her family who live across the state... I read the sad news about the loss of your friends dear son... I pray for them that they will be able to lean on God through this and gain strength in knowing that God's will was done...
enjoy the happy occasion of the wedding of your two other friends and rejoice with them in their happiness!!