Monday, March 21, 2011

O Sinner, Come Home!!

I love, love, LOVE this hymn. Loooooooooooooooove it! We sang it last night as a prelude to a sermon on the importance of sharing the gospel message with unbelievers. I decided to post it here as a feeble effort to do just that--share the blessed message of the gospel to someone who is needy. Who knows that the Lord might use this little blog post and the title I've given to it to alert one of His own that He is indeed calling that person to Himself.

Read the words carefully if you've come here in an unconverted state. Perhaps Jesus is calling YOU.


Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me;
See, on the portals He’s waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me.

Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading,
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies,
Mercies for you and for me?

Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing,
Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming,
Coming for you and for me.

O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon,
Pardon for you and for me.

Refrain:
Come home, come home,

You who are weary, come home;
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home!


(Please turn off the music on the sidebar and reverently listen as you read the words. Of course, you will read the refrain after each stanza and play this as many times as you need to.)

No comments: