Monday, March 18, 2013

My Jewels



"Shall I hold them back--my jewels?
Time has traveled many a day
Since I laid them by forever,
Safely locking them away;
And I thought them yielded wholly,
When I dared no longer wear
Gems contrasting, oh, so sadly!
With the adorning I would wear.

"Shall I keep them still--my jewels?
Shall I, can I, yet withhold
From that living, loving Saviour
Aught of silver or of gold?
Gold so needed, that His gospel
May resound from sea to sea;
Can I know Christ's service lacketh
Yet forget His 'unto Me?'

"No; I lay them down--my jewels,
Truly on the altar now
Stay! I see a vision passing
Of a gem-encircled brow.
Heavenly treasure worn by Jesus,
Souls won through my gift outpoured;
Freely, gladly I will offer
Jewels thus to crown my Lord."

~ From Woman's Work.

(copied from Kept for the Master's Use
Frances R. Havergal



No comments: