Monday, June 27, 2011

God is God


Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying ' My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure,' calling a bird of prey from the east, the man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass, I have purposed it; I will also do it. ~ Isaiah 46:9-11

Oh how I've loved this passage for a long time, because it explains to us our God. How pleasantly surprised I was to find out it would be the sermon text for yesterday. How wonderful it was to reflect on:

The Person of God. God is God. What else can you say? There is no other God.

It is very necessary and important that we believe the truth that He is holy and high above all else in the universe.

If we are to live our lives as we should, we have to remember the amazing fact that God is sovereign and we are subject to His will.

What is better than that? God is God.

No comments: