- The symptoms vary, but it never interferes with the appetite.
- It never lasts more than twenty-four hours.
- No physician is ever called.
- It always proves fatal in the end--to the soul!
- It is becoming fearfully prevalent, and is destroying thousands every year.
The attack comes on suddenly every Sunday. No symptoms are felt on Saturday night; the patient sleeps well and wakes feeling well and eats a hearty breakfast. But about church time the attack comes on and continues until services are over for the morning. Then the patient feels easy and eats a hearty dinner. In the afternoon he feels much better, and is able to take a walk and read the Sunday papers; and afterwards eats a hearty supper. But about church time he has another attack and stays at home. He wakes up Monday morning refreshed and able to go to work.