Thursday, August 30, 2007

Joy and Sorrow


Our hearts and minds have been filled these days with a joyous occasion--my granddaughter's first birthday party. Then along came sorrow-the horrible news last night of the death of two beloved people whom we know. This pastor and his wife were killed (murdered) in another country and we are having loads of conflicting reports about what happened. Many of their family members are friends of ours. So the ongoing problems with finding time to post, especially the Aunt Jane's Hero one that I've been trying to get to, continue.

I appreciate your comments on my last post. They were so encouraging to me and I want you all to know that. Bear with me a bit longer and especially if I haven't been to your blog in a while. Pray for us.

A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance..

Ecclesiastes 3:4

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Maxine, I am praying. I am so sorry for your loss and rejoice as you celebrate your granddaughter's birthday. I appreciate your heart, friend. Run the race to win.

Mishel said...

Maxine, I am so sorry to hear about your sad news. I will add their family and you too, to my prayer list.

And Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! : )

Mimi said...

I's so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friends.. I know that your family and their children are going through a time of extreme loss and I will pray for you and for their children as you and Beverly minister to them...
your grand daughter must bring such delight to you as she celebrates her BIG birthday

Anonymous said...

Dearest Maxine,

I'm just so sorry to read about your friends, truly they will recieve a crown of glory for all they have endured for the gospel.

In the midst of the sorrow, I'm so blessed you had your grand~daughter's birthday to celebrate.

Yes, God truly makes all things beautiful, in HIS time...

Love,

Susan

Carol said...

I am sorry to hear about the tragic deaths of your friends, I will be praying for them and their family...

And a very happy first birthday to your grand daughter...

Susan Skitt said...

Praying my friend. Praying. The time to mourn is so difficult... God bless during this difficult time. He will be with you... He promises.

And joy to your family for your dear granddaughter's 1st birthday. You have built a godly heritage that will last!

Vicki said...

Oh Maxine! I'm so sorry! I mourn with you in this loss of life...may the Lord comfort His people.

Will read your other posts. So thankful to know you, dear Maxine. {{hugs}} Belated birthday wishes and prayers for the little princess.