Friday, January 23, 2009

He Has Purposed


For some reason, I've been drawn to the book of Isaiah in recent days, to remind myself of the sovereignty of God in all things. Can I share this passage with you, a favorite of mine for many years? Just posting it as a reminder, folks. And a comfort.

The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand: That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders. This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations. For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back? Isaiah 14:24-27

2 comments:

Susan said...

Just incredible...

Thanks Maxine♥

Mimi said...

such a comforting verse...thank you for the post...