Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Wishes


I asked the New Year for some motto sweet,
Some rule of life by which to guide my feet.
I asked and paused; it answered soft and low,
"God's will to know."

`Unknown

I wish this for you and me, dear friends. I appreciate each and every one who stops by to visit. Your comments and encouragements have meant more than you can know. Blessings for the year 2009 and beyond. Signing off with words from one of my favorite hymns for the new year:

O Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me, my Master and my Friend:
I shall not fear the battle if Thou art by my side,
Nor Wander from the pathway if Thou wilt be my guide.

~ John E. Bode

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Maxine, thanks for your friendship and faithfulness. My prayer is that 2009 will be a year of renewed vision and passion for the Lord. Blessings to you!

Mimi said...

I wish for your sweet family to have a very blessed year 2009!!!

We shall not fear the battle if He is by our side!!!

{{Hugs}}
Mimi

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Maxine
Happy New year sistah!!!
I thank the Lord for you as well, you have been such an encouragement to me and I'm so blessed to share a sisterness with you. I know the best is yet to come and the Lord will be doing great things as he says in his word!!

Hugz Lorie

TO BECOME said...

Dear Maxine, thank you so much for your blogs this past year. They have blessed me, more than you could know. I hope that your New Year brings you much happiness and I love the words to the song. connie