Thursday, May 3, 2007

It is Well With My Soul


The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:7

Each week at my Nanna's Reflection blog, I've begun pondering, or focusing on, a favorite old hymn. It all started with a Thursday Thirteen post naming a selected few of them, and I'm going to let it spill over to this place as well. It makes sense that I would reflect on such beloved words here. Of course, the title of this post indicates our selection for this week. The words, under such circumstances as they were written--that speak of peace in our sorrow, a Savior in our helplessness, our sin nailed on a cross, and our faith becoming what is actually seen--can only feed our souls.

I just discovered another account of the writing of this hymn at the SermonAudio.com site. Read the telling of the story and then click the link to listen and pray awhile. I'm going over now to do that. There are a few people I know of who need this peace passing all understanding in the time of trial.

No comments: