Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Snippet - Father of Lights

Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things, Who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, by the greatness of His might and the strength of His power; not one is missing. Isaiah 40:26
The above verse was mentioned in our sermon tonight. We were learning from the book of James (1:17) that each and every good gift is from God, not from man but from God. He is the Father of lights, the Creator of all things, even the stars, which light the heavens and which He calls all by name. I hope this doesn't offend anybody, but from what I read in this verse it seems to me that the stars already have names. It also would seem that if our Heavenly Father calls them by name, we don't need to spend our money to give them another one.

Anyway, even if you don't have a star named after you, you still can count your many other blessings. Remember: having God as our God is the best blessing.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Maxine
you hit the nail on the head..
Having God as our God is the best blessing!!
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!

Becky Wolfe said...

Thanks for this - I have been bombarded by "James" stuff for the last week or so, and I'm finally getting my nose into more to really study it! Your blog was just another reminder that I'm on the right track!