Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Snippet - So Send I You


So send I you to labor unrewarded,
To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown,
To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing,
So send I you to toil for Me alone.

~~Edith Margaret Clarkson

This was our closing hymn at the evening service, a very befitting hymn for the occasion. Tomorrow one of our pastors and the son of another pastor are leaving for Zimbabwe to minister there for awhile. So even though, in another part of the world, we have recently suffered the loss of two servants that we knew well, I am happy to report that more laborers are headed out to toil in the field. So the kingdom work goes on.

7 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

"I'll go wherever You want me to go, I'll be what you want me to be." May that be our heart's cry whether near or far...

Blessings today.

Beka said...

I just love that hymn.

Funny thing-- I was just going to post about our two dear ones on their way to Zimbabwe, and I was going to include that hymn! But I came over here and saw yours first!

Mimi said...

God's kingdoms work will be done in spite of the enemies.. Praise the Lord for these two new people going out to do his work in another part of the world

Maxine said...

Thanks, everyone.
Cami, thanks so much. These thoughts on suffering for His sake have been so heavy on my heart of late, I guess it's coming out on all my blogs. But I AM rejoicing in the triumph that I know is coming. Those whom we might classify as casualities ARE victorious and so will we be. As Ryle always says, someday we will exchange the cross for a crown.

Vicki said...

Hi Maxine,

You have the sweetest spirit, and I rejoice in our friendship. Praying for these two who have now headed to Zimbabwe, and will lift up the families and friends of loved ones now with the Lord. God bless you and this beautiful blog. His glory shines through!

Kathy said...

A beautiful sentiment. (Sorry I'm slow getting back to your site. Computer issues just upset my schedule! LOL) What a joy to join in kingdom work. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. It's exciting to hear of faithful workers.

Mishel said...

Beautiful hymn...

I know your week is busy...I hope it has been a blessed one! : )