Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In Defiance


O Lord, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions--Psalm 104:24

The above creature is a dragonfly. If you were to study the intricate and sophisticated system that is built into its design, you would agree with the video that I saw on Sunday morning. This creature, and many others, defy evolution. The earth is full of them. The earthworm, the elephant, the beaver, the giraffe, the woodpecker, the hippo, the lowly sparrow, and on and on--they are all incredible. Their structures are just remarkable. And how could they live for one minute without all of the components being fully functional at the same time? How did these intricate designs come to be? By chance? Random process? Naah!!! You have to come up with something better than that! I choose to believe the only logical explanation.

My granddaughter is learning the first question to the children's catechism. Who made you? it asks. I'm very thankful that she's learning the only rational answer: God. What else could it be?
Next she'll learn the second question: What else did God make? And the answer to that one is also the only reasonable one: God made all things. May she someday know it and believe it.

So, folks, I present to you the dragonfly. He defies evolution.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Yes ... I am so glad that we have an all-powerful Creator and Wise Designer!

Mishel said...

I just saw a dragonfly today! I love to see God's hand in nature and creation. I honestly don't know how people can say these beautiful things--whether tiny insects or a gorgeous snow-capped mountain--could have just happened.

Carol said...

I just marvel at Creation, most days I fill up with tears and take in its beauty, its touch and its sound....
Yes "God Made all things"

Mishel said...

Maxine,
If you'll stop by my blog--there is something for you! : )

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing this. I really liked your focus on your granddaughter's questions. The first verse in the Bible captures that for us, doesn't it? "In the beginning God...." Beautiful photo, too!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful, thoughtful post. Thank you for sharing this...and for your beautiful pictures.

Isn't John 1:14 the most phenomenal scripture. God (the Word) became flesh (Jesus). Amazing, truly amazing.

Blessings,

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

Susan Skitt said...

Incredible little creatures, aren't they? One time while on vacation in New York, my family and I hiked to the top of a mountain in the Adirondacks. There at the top were dragonflies! Now that was incredible to me... I never knew they could go so high and it wasn't even near a water source. God and His creation never ceases to amaze me! Thanks for this reminder.