Friday, October 19, 2007

But God


But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)...Ephesians 2:4-5

Most of my family and close friends know that I hate caterpillars. Actually, I'm afraid of them. They are, in my opinion, the most horrible creatures on the face of the earth. Yes, worse than snakes and spiders. Look, though, at what lovely and glorious creatures they become by and by. God does that.

The above short passage contains two of the most beautiful words in Scripture. I already talked about how much I love the word "but" in God's Word. Usually, it's a wonderful word only because of what follows. The word "God" follows it in this passage, and for those of us who are Christians, it reminds us that He is rich in mercy and that His love is great towards us. (It's all the better because of what immediately precedes these two words. ) And because of this great love and mercy, even though we were once dead in sins, we're now alive. God does that, and it's even more remarkable and wonderful than the butterfly.

I hope that you can identify with these precious two verses out of the Word of God. If not, know this: God makes dead sinners alive in Christ. That means if you repent and believe the gospel, you too can rejoice in these two words, "But God."

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Hallelujah! Where would we be if God didn't turn us little caterpillars into butterflies? Thanks for sharing!

Tanya said...

Beautifully spoken!! These are two of my favorite verses and, yes, the "but God" makes all the difference. Thanks for the encouragement! I really needed it today.

Susan Skitt said...

But God... those words take my breath away.

Thanks for this beautiful post. Have a nice weekend!

inspired said...

;o]

Mimi said...

how very true and encouraging for us all...If we would always remember "But God" makes dead sinners alive in Christ...Amen and Amen

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

"But God..." beautiful words! He is so good!

I love your blog- this is my first visit. Am looking forward to coming back soon!

Blessings!
Tracy