Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Snippet - My Cup Runneth Over


Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Psalm 23:5


He, my Lord, prepared a table before me this Lord's Day. The blessings that filled my cup were too bountiful for me to even begin to lay them out before you all. Suffice it to say that God has abundantly supplied: Two nourishing sermons were supplemented by the pouring out of generous portions of other various refreshments for my soul. Truly my cup overflows.

6 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

How wonderful my friend!

P.S. It seems we might not be too far apart as to where we live. I'm a Phillies fan too. (Saw your other blog awhile back during the playoffs.)

I live in Bucks County, PA. My dad is a pastor at a Bible Church in Northeast Philadelphia. (He has been ministering at that church and reaching out into the neighborhood with the Gospel of Jesus Christ since I was eleven-years-old.)

sparrow's song said...

Bless God for His loving kindness that knows no boundaries. I love the intimate way He reaches into the individual's heart and nurtures it with just the right weavings. What a truly blessed Lord God He is!!

A seriously lovely photo.

Anonymous said...

"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Thank you Lord for the refreshment of Your word.

Mishel said...

Isn't it wonderful to know that the Lord knows *exactly* what we need and when we need it?! He is good, indeed! : )

Mimi said...

God is indeed good and his abundance supplies all our needs ..... he should be the desire of our hearts...

Sara said...

My cup overflows as well. :)